Work for one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, our client delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
Imagine your day starting with a flight over the most spectacular countryside in Australia!
- Full Time roles available based in Mount Isa, with fully furnished accommodation provided
We are seeking Medical Officers to join the team in Mount Isa. From the Mount Isa Base, our client provides primary health care, aeromedical retrieval and remote (telehealth) consultations. Your role could vary from emergency aeromedical retrievals to a remote clinic overlooking the rugged landscape of outback Queensland.
Why join the team?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, they offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation, and to the people of Queensland.
As a specialist in their exceptional frontline team, you will face a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to the health and wellbeing of rural/remote Queenslanders. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, you will have a work and life experience like no other.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements, remote allowance, relocation assistance, a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing professional development support.
Who are we looking for? To be successful in this role ideally you should have:
- A minimum of five years post graduate experience
- General Practice or Primary Health Care experience
- Emergency Medicine experience
- Anaesthetics and/or ICU experience
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS2) or equivalent (or willingness to update this)
MRCGP/MICGP/FRNZGP/CCFP is highly regarded.
We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial and KPI-driven environment.
What Head Medical can do for you…
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.