You will be joining a service of 13 Psychiatrists and will be required to provide Clinical Leadership in the provision of a community-based Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. You will be required to participate in the Mental Health Services post-graduate training activities and continuous medical education. There are increased demands on the current teams with increasing presentations of complex, comorbid mental health disorders and in particular self-harm and suicidal presentations.
WHAT IS ON OFFER? A package totaling up to €292,000 per annum.
- Basic pay of €214,113 - €257,193 on a six-point scale
- Up to €20,000 oncall
- 37-hour week
- Additional remuneration for on-call duties and overtime as applicable
- Highly flexible contract that enables consultants opt for a variety of different work patterns
- Up to €12,000 CME and €8,000 research grant
- 12-24 month contract
- Relocation costs up to €3000
- Maximum tax rate of 40% in Ireland
You will also have the freedom to engage in off-site private practice, in the same way as allowed in the NHS.
- Specialist Registration with Irish Medical Council or eligibility for Specialist Registration.
- UK and EEA candidates with Specialist Registration in Psychiatry can apply.
Cork is the second largest city in the Republic of Ireland located in the Southern Region and is known as the food capital of Ireland. Cork City is smaller, more affordable, and more laid back than Dublin, but still has a vibrant nightlife, fantastic restaurants and pubs, and a thriving music and culture scene. Ireland is ranked 5th of the countries with the highest education in the world and has a number of private schools and Universities, it also has an airport with destinations across Europe and the UK.