Bermuda is a cluster of 138 islands spanning 21 sq miles located in the North Atlantic ocean about 2 hours flying distance from New York City and about 7 hours from London.
Bermuda has a diverse population of 64,000 and is a British Island Territory offering a blend of British and American culture. Getting around the islands is easy with bus and ferries being the most common forms of transport along with mopeds/scooters. If you desire a car you can purchase a 2nd hand vehicle but will need to take a driving test as your current license will not be valid.
About Bermuda Health Board (BHB)
As you might expect of island life, the Bermuda community needs a range of health services far broader than you might commonly expect of a hospital serving a similar population base. BHB comprises 3 hospital/healthcare centres and offers comprehensive diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitative services.
Due to a recent expansion of wards and services at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Head Medical have been asked to assist with the recruitment of experienced nurses within the fields of Surgical and Acute Medicine. The expanded in-patient units offer a total availability of 90 beds to service the adult acute care requirements for the island.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience in a surgical or acute care ward
- This is an expanding service and requires individuals with strong teamworking skills and a passion for the role
- An ability to demonstrate genuine reasons for wishing to relocate and work in such a unique location
- Organised and committed to the registration and immigration process – you will be assisted through this but there is a need for you to play an active role in getting through this process
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- People who are willing to relocate for a minimum of two years
- Excellent English language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
- You will be required to register with the Bermuda Nursing Council.
- Full support from Head Medical through the registration and immigration process
- On arrival, you will be provided with a 3-month temporary stay at a reduced rate with utilities in BHB housing.
- $3000 relocation support paid in 2 instalments
- 50% of basic health insurance costs covered
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in an expanding service in an exemplary healthcare system
- A unique opportunity to experience island life in this stunning world-class location
If you are interested in finding out more about the fantastic opportunities available, get in touch with Jo Hood on +44 (0) 131 240 5266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org