Major Languages: English, Māori, NZ Sign Language
Currency: NZ Dollar
New Zealand, also known as Aotearoa “Land of the Long White Cloud” is a relatively small country with majestic landscapes and beautiful coastlines.
Made up of the North Island, the South Island and Stewart Island, there is a lot to explore and the climate and landscape changes as you travel from north to south, from east to west, inland to coastal, from summer to winter.
A country that consistently attracts high calibre medical professionals who want to experience the famous laidback lifestyle it's known for.
It’s possible to come to NZ on a fixed-term contract (12 months minimum) to see how you like it, or permanently if you’re ready to make the commitment.
There are 20 District Health Boards, 5 Tertiary Centres, and 2 Medical Schools. There are opportunities to teach, be involved in research and to experience interesting, varied and uniquely 'Kiwi' casework.
Why New Zealand?
- The Kiwis are passionate about their cultural identity, sports, the arts and music. If you are an outdoor enthusiast and looking for the perfect work/ life balance, then this is the place for you!
- New Zealand has a high-quality education system – state schools have an excellent reputation for education, there are private schools available, as well as two medical schools and several universities.
- There are no geographical restrictions - you can work in cities, coastal towns, be semi-rural or based in remote and rural locations.
- The country has a strong real estate market with a varied choice of housing. Whether you are looking for a townhouse, a luxury apartment, a lifestyle block (house with acreage), a beach house or a weekend ‘bach’.
- Did we mention the incredible scenery and wildlife? Explore the beaches, fjords, rivers and mountains, and see marine life and native birds in their natural habitat.
We have been recruiting to NZ since 2008, placing general practitioners, medical specialist and doctors-in-training in major cities, rural towns and coastal locations all over NZ. Check out our testimonials page to hear what previously placed doctors have said!
We liaise regularly with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) and we understand the registration pathways and how best to get you to NZ. We also employ a Licensed Immigration Adviser specifically for NZ so we can provide advice based on your individual or family circumstances.
We have a recruitment consultant based in Wellington who works closely with our team in Edinburgh, to the benefit of both our clients and our doctors.
Our NZ Team:
- Caroline O’Hagan – Consultant / Specialist Doctors (all specialities)
- Debbie Kirk – General Practitioners (Family Medicine)
- Leona Young – Junior doctors / Doctors in Training
Like what you hear? Check out our latest jobs and give us a call on +44 (0) 131 226 2200 or drop us an email!