If you seek an alternative away from the UK Health Service, Head Medical has a great opportunity for you to consider on the Island of Guernsey.
We are on the outlook for a Consultant Gastroenterologist to join a prestigious private organisation on the island.
A specialised health board (consultant-delivered service that is personalised and constantly evolving ) who are seeking a dynamic and motivated Consultant within Gastroenterology to come join their medicine team.
The Consultant is expected to work flexibly and to put the needs of the patients first. This is a consultant-delivered and not a consultant-led service, with no junior staff.
Post holders will be expected to be on the GMC Specialist Register for Gastroenterology.
The appointees will NOT be expected to take part in the GIM on-call rota. But it would be desirable for applicants to have accreditation in GIM.
The appointees will be expected to work together with the established members of the department and support staff to improve patient choice and enable the development of new on-island services.
This is a 10 PA per-week post with no formal commitment to an on-call rota.
In addition to the salary, there are opportunities to develop significant private practice which are integrated into this organisation model.
This means that you do not need to arrange private consulting rooms or secretarial support as private practice is supported in-house.
In addition to this, your private defence cover is included in your remuneration package.
What’s on offer for you?
- The salary on offer is £ 116,000!!
- Income Tax rate is only 20% of earnings
- One of the best work-life balances - most journeys around the island on average are 5 – 20 minutes
- Generous Comprehensive Relocation Policy
- No on-calls are associated with this post
- To carry out assessments of Gastro patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Provide advice or take over the care, where appropriate, of patients under the care of other specialists within the Group.
- The successful applicants will be expected to help develop the GI service in collaboration with colleagues and to provide an integrated and high-quality service for patients.
- This will include trying to ensure that appropriate waiting times for clinic and endoscopy are adhered to and provided in an
effective, safe and efficient manner and the principles of risk management and clinical governance are maintained.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with medical colleagues in other specialties and participate in regular clinical meetings and other professional activities
- Maintain good communications with general practitioners and appropriate external agencies.
- Demonstrate a firm involvement in clinical governance, risk management, and clinical audit – this will include the development and maintenance of appropriate systems and practices to ensure continued safe clinical practice
- Ensure that practice is up to date; this will necessitate the consultant taking responsibility for their clinical professional development
- Share responsibility for data protection arising out of the use of computers and to maintain good practice in the handling of confidential information. • To be accountable for improving and complying with infection control practices.
- Entry on GMC specialist register for Gastroenterology
- CCT (or entry expected within 6 months of interview
- CESR or European Community rights
- MRCP or equivalent
- Eligible to reside and work in the UK
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for
gaining UK CCT in Gastroenterology and GIM
- To develop an off-island clinical attachment with an approved tertiary centre
- Ability to carry out ERCP
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information and a comprehensive JD. We would love to hear from you.