We are seeking a Specialist Otolaryngologist with a special interest in Head & Neck Surgery to join one of New Zealand’s largest healthcare providers. The position is available from early 2017 and is a full time post.
The service shares the 16-bed inpatient and the primary focus of this position is to manage patients with benign conditions and malignancies affecting the Head and Neck region, as part of a comprehensive multidisciplinary cancer team.
There will be some elective general Otolaryngology as part of the role, and the successful applicant may be required to conduct outpatient clinics and possibly general otolaryngological surgical procedures at one or more of the peripheral hospitals within the Waikato DHB catchment area. Training in transoral laryngeal surgery and/or microvascular free flap reconstruction would be advantageous.
Consultants participate in a 1:6 on call roster covering all adult and most paediatric otolaryngological presentations. Paediatric airway emergencies will not as a routine be part of the responsibilities of the position, but at times initial management of these cases may be required.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the service
- Teaching and supervision of Junior Doctors
Find out more about Hamilton here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We have assisted many consultants in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice