Are you looking for your next (or possibly first) adventure overseas? Have you ever considered working in Asia? We have a rare and exciting opportunity available for an Orthopaedic surgeon to join an established private hospital group in one of their clinics in Hanoi, Vietnam. You will be joining the most reputable and famous international healthcare provider in the country. Expats are attracted to Vietnam by the good weather, low cost of living, lively culture and the steady improvements in Vietnam’s infrastructure - and this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment with a trusted, respected and established private hospital group in the Asian market
- Socially responsible approach to healthcare
- Generous salary package (7000 – 9,000 USD per month AFTER TAX is realistic)
- Ability to earn substantial commission over and above basic salary
- Low cost of living so ability to save 50% -70% of take home pay
- Relocation assistance including accommodation for one week on arrival
- Relatively quick medical registration process of CIRCA 4-6 months
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience in some/all of the below:
- Treating musculoskeletal trauma (fractures contusions, wounds)
- Degenerative joint diseases (arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Sport lesions (sprains, dislocations, muscle disruption, stress fractures)
- Interest in upper limb and knee
What is the location like?
Hanoi is the capital and second largest city in Vietnam and with its colonial architecture and vibrant street life it is consistently ranked among the world's top 10 destinations by big name travel sites. For many Hanoi is used as an entry point for visitors drawn to the country’s mountainous north but there are many reasons why people decide to stay longer, including the numerous lakes, fantastic restaurants, vibrant night life and Southeast Asia’s best preserved colonial architecture. It's described as one of the most beautiful cities in all of the world, along with being one of the oldest in Asia.
Those moving to Hanoi find a city that maintains a balance between significant development (large shopping malls, new roads) and preserving a relatively cheap cost of living. You can live an exceptionally high standard of living on a salary of only 3000 USD equivalent per month.
Hanoians are proud people; they take pride in their cuisines, their etiquettes, their rich tradition and eating Hanoi food is listed among some of the best food experiences in the world. The city is packed with museums, monuments, cafes, restaurants, discos and handicraft stores so there is a bustling lifestyle available for those keen to immerse themselves in the Vietnamese way of life.
What qualifications are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL and you should ideally have a minimum of 3 year’s post CCT experience.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.