Closing date for this position is 25th May 2019.
- Sensational part of the Queensland coast, Australia.
- Lucrative remuneration up to AU$425,000 plus on-call and callback allowances.
- Lifestyle opportunity: beaches, sensational subtropical climate, easy, relaxed living - ideal for families, couples and singles alike! Oncall is easy and there is sensational registrar support!
This mental health service is comprised of 14.5 consultant psychiatrists of which 1 are Old Age Psychiatry. They have an important requirement for an additional old age psychiatrist to join the team!
You will have broad experience but must be able to deliver expert, specialist psychiatry care across inpatient and community settings including in old-age psychiatry.
Therefore psychiatrists with an interest in and/or certification in Old Age will be preferred. However, consideration may be given to those with predominantly general adult experience.
If you are not FRANZCP this job is a great opportunity for an overseas trained psychiatrist to develop your experience in Australia. Supportive colleagues, a collegiate and collaborative work environment are backed up by a massive increase in health spending (AU$16.6 billion) in Queensland.
This service provides specialist mental health care to a population of approx 200,000 in a number of locations.
Specific services include but are not limited to:
- Acute & community based adult psychiatry
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Services – community based.
- Extended hours crisis response – via Acute Care Team
- Acute Adult and Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Units
- Child and Adolescent psychiatry – Community based with Inpatients admitted to Paediatric ward.
- Psychogeriatrics - Community based and Inpatients admitted to Acute Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Unit at the public hospital.
- Outreach psychiatry clinics and consultation.
- Consultation/liaison psychiatry
- Indigenous mental health services.
If you do not hold FRANZCP you will have completed your CCT (not CESR) in the UK, Ireland, NZ, South Africa, Canada or USA; be MRCPsych/FRCP (or equivalent) and have:
- Minimum of 2.5 years consultant/specialist experience.
- 6 months formal posting in CAMHS.
For more information about this service, location, the critical RANZCP assessment process and what it is really like to live and work in Australia, please get in touch.
Once Head Medical finds you a job, our registrations team will help and guide you through the RANZCP assessment, medical registration and visa processes.
For more information please call Alasdair Spinner on +44 131 240 5276.