Location: Wellington Region
Service: Surgery, Women and Children’s Service
Contract: Permanent, part time (32 hours/pw), starting March 2023
About the role
The role includes providing a variety of care in different settings. The vascular service provides an acute and elective service both in the operating room setting and angiography suite.
It is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are committed to growing and developing the vascular service to meet the needs of patients both now and into the future. The service is committed to providing contemporary care to patients in the lower North Island that is of a high standard and is equitable so that the needs of all people are met.
This role will suit either a newly trained or experienced vascular surgeon. You will have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the people we service, ensuring that patients receive the best possible care. There are opportunities for a newly qualifies surgeon to be supported and mentored by the team.
- Vocationally registered in Vascular Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRACS or equivalent qualification and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- If apply from overseas, you must meet the New Zealand Immigration Service requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Able to provide consistently high standards of medical care
- Relevant experience and training
Here at the 2DHBs we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.