Fixed Term – 80 hours per fortnight
Hawke’s Bay has an exciting opportunity for a General Urologist to join our Urology department to provide delivery of high quality healthcare for the Hawke’s Bay region.
The Hospital is looking for full time General Urologist to join our team. This is a fixed term position for 12 months whilst we recruit to a permanent position.
This is an exciting opportunity for a specialist who is committed to providing an excellent urology service working with the current urology team.
As a Specialist in Urology you will work with the other three specialists in the Department to provide clinical services that include outpatient and inpatient management of people requiring specialist urology care as well as giving phone advice to GP’s and other medical colleagues.
Services provided include;
- Outpatient clinics involving consultations (first assessments and follow-ups) and procedures (cystoscopy, prostate biopsy, urodynamics, etc) as well as arranging of investigations and planning treatment. Non-contact assessments and advice will also be required as you decide.
- Consultations and opinions for inpatient management are conducted in cooperation with the unit registrar (Australasian urology trainee.).
- Urology on call roster of 1 in 3, or 1 in 2, depending on the leave situation of all urology consultants.
- Urology acute and elective operations (regular elective.
- The Urologist Outpatient Clinics are provided in Hastings.
The Hawke’s Bay in general encourages a workforce that’s innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we’ll support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We’re committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira – Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
If you’re not already living in Hawke's Bay and making the most of what's on offer, you should know it boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches. Whether you like living by the sea, next to the river, nestled in the hills, in a village community, or an art deco city...Hawke's Bay has it all.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.