Head Medical are assisting with the recruitment of a registered nurse with experience in Dialysis to beautiful Shetland Islands. This post is to run from 12th to 30th April.
The scenic Shetland Islands are situated at the far north of Scotland in the North Atlantic between Great Britain, The Faroe Islands and Norway. Shetland stretches around a hundred miles from north to south and its nearest neighbour is Orkney 50 miles away. Due to the warm ocean current Shetland is much milder than other places on the same latitude.
There are six haemodialysis stations in the renal unit, running on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and you will be expected to work 12 hour shifts each day.
- Lining and priming haemodialysis machine
- Assessing and preparing patients for dialysis
- Commencement and termination of haemodialysis
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- Ability to troubleshoot machine problems
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience as a Dialysis Nurse
- Current PVG (within the last 12 months required)
Single board accommodation and return travel from within the UK is provided.
If you are interested and would like to hear more about the role and location, please get in contact with Victoria@headmedical.com