Head Medical are currently recruiting for a Head of Laboratory Services to join a very large state-run corporation in Qatar.
You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and maintaining the service delivery, strategic planning, development and operational management of our client's medical laboratory services.
Experience & Skills required
- CCT/Western Europe Specialist Qualification in Clinical Pathology
- Minimum of 10 years experience working as a Consultant Clinical Pathologist (at least 3 of these years in a Managerial capacity) in a multi-disciplinary clinical laboratory to include Clinical Haematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Immunology and Microbiology, with a knowledge of basic Blood Banking and Serology
- Experience of Blood Sampling Techniques
- Experience in results analysis and interpretation of different laboratory tests
- Experience in the use of fully automated and computerised Laboratory machines
Qatar provides a safe and family-friendly expatriate lifestyle. There are fabulous shops, restaurants, museums, cultural events, world-class universities and social and sporting clubs and facilities. The country is located on the east coast of the Arabian Peninsula, and with an area of 11,437 sq. km it’s fairly small in land mass (roughly half the size of Wales). In 2010, Qatar had the world's highest GDP per capita, while the economy grew by 19.4%, the fastest in the world. The main source of Qatar’s wealth is its vast reserves of natural gas which have made it one of the richest countries in the world.
Qatar is pressing ahead with ambitious social, economic and infrastructure development plans and will invest tens of billions of pounds in developing its infrastructure over the next 10 years. Rapid population growth is driving demand for accommodation (both residential and commercial) and medical and education services.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK’s specialist in international medical recruitment and we’ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.