We are seeking a General Surgeon with specialist interest in breast disease to provide and supervise the care and management of acute and non-acute patients allocated to within a multidisciplinary team environment. Hutt Hospital is also the lead provider of the National Breast Screening Aotearoa Programme for the sub-region.
The role will encompass acute and elective surgery and symptomatic breast and general surgery clinics. You will work with the lead surgeon for the Breast Screening programme to ensure that services are delivered in line with Ministry of Health guidelines. You will also support and provide leadership of junior medical staff and play an active role in interdisciplinary team education.
Hutt Valley is between bush-clad hills along the Hutt River, and home to hundreds of trails, sunset-soaked seaside villages, coffee roasters, and where New Zealand's first settlers stepped ashore. Just 15 minutes north of Wellington is the second largest city in the Wellington region. Lower Hutt is made up of Lower Hutt suburbs and the CBD, Petone and Eastbourne on the harbour and the wilderness of Wainuiomata's parks and stunning rugged south coast.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details…