We are seeking a passionate, committed Consultant Rheumatologist (1.0 FTE + on-call) to join the dynamic, progressive and multidisciplinary department at Waikato Hospital, the largest tertiary hospital in New Zealand. The broad focus on patient care, research and education offers an excellent career opportunity.
At Waikato Hospital you will work in a collegial and supportive environment with 5 other Rheumatologists and 2 CNS who are committed to patient care, training and teamwork.
Waikato District Health Board has an academic division of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland onsite, along with a well-equipped clinical school which acts as a teaching and training centre for an increasing number of undergraduates and post graduate medical and allied health science students.
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa (approx. £94,000 - £155,000 pa), depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Relocation assistance available
And the lifestyle and location are ideal:
- 4th largest city in New Zealand, just 90 minutes from Auckland
- Wide range of city amenities: restaurants and cafes, arts and culture, major sporting events
- Affordable housing market and excellent schooling options
- Easy access to the rest of the North Island, beautiful beaches, national parks, lakes and mountains
You can find out more about the lifestyle and Hamilton City and the Waikato region here
For more information or a confidential chat, please contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your cv