- Up to AU390k.
- Regional, historic Australian city.
- 1.5hrs drive to Melbourne.
- New, world class hospital including mental health unit with full contemporary facilities.
This exciting Consultant Psychiatrist position is based in a major regional city just an hour and half from Melbourne.
The city is on the traditional lands of the Dja Dja Wurrung (Jaara) people. In representing this city and its region, I pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of these indigenous Australians.
This city is the largest centre of finance outside of Melbourne in Victoria. It has its own stock exchange and one of Australia's major financial institutions is headquartered there. It has a large and growing service economy with its major industries being tourism, commerce, education and primary industries.
The city has an exceptional number of lifestyle amenities – both cultural and sporting – as well as a large range of private and government provided schools. It has arguably one of the finest private schools in Victoria.
Melbourne, only 1.5hrs away is a major cultural, sporting, academic and economic centre. With a large port and international airport, it is a major hub in the Southern Hemisphere.
The new hospital is a state of the art facility with a psychiatric 80-bed facility that is made up of four units – Adult, Older Persons, Extended Care and Parent & Infant.
The job involves assessing and providing first class care to patients within a multidisciplinary context. If you have interests in rehabilitation psychiatry this would be great but the service does have the flexibility to offer a position which matches your interests and experience.
You will either be a FRANZCP or have completed your specialist training in either the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, USA or Canada. Further you must be able to demonstrate upon application:
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
- Understanding of integrated case management system for service delivery.
- Strong collaborative ethos as well as capacity to work independently.
- Friendly and personable approach to your work.
If this sounds like you or you are just interested in working in Australia generally please get in touch for a friendly and very informative chat!
For more information please get in contact!
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Al Spinner on +44 0131 240 5276 or via Whatsapp : https://wa.me/447502244964