Head Medical are working closely with Shrewsbury and Telford hospital to recruit experienced Consultant Oncologists (Urology/Lung/Colorectal/Breast), who can work cooperatively and effectively in multi professional teams.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals are the main provider of acute hospital services for around half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales. Encompassing some of the most picturesque parts of England and Wales, the Trust’s catchment stretches from the Cambrian Mountains in the west, to Newport and the fringes of the Black Country in the east providing ample opportunity to explore the beautiful country.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive Oncology Service together with consultant colleagues. They will provide Oncology expertise in the management and development of site-specialised cancer services and collaborate with colleagues within the Department to develop Oncology Services.
Qualifications and requirements:
- MBBS, MBChB or equivalent.
- FRCR (Clinical Oncology) or equivalent.
- Full registration with a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Entry onto the GMC Specialist Register in Clinical Oncology via one of the following ways:
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
- European Community Rights.
Salary will follow NHS scales and be from £84,559 up to £114,003 dependent on years of reckonable service. Applicants from those requiring a visa or interested in part time will be considered. If you would like to find out more about this great job, please get in touch with Karen to have a confidential chat.