Head Medical are delighted to be working with East Kent Hospitals to recruit a Consultant Immunologist to join the passionate team at the William Harvey Hospital based in Ashford.
The successful applicant will be expected to help and oversee provisions across all areas of immunology (allergy, immunodeficiency, and laboratory immunology). A busy (more than 250,000 tests per annum) UKAS ISO15189 accredited laboratory immunology service operates from our Ashford laboratory, supported by a team of specialised biomedical scientists and providing laboratory immunology services to the whole of Kent. There are currently no clinical immunology services offered within Kent and Medway (population 1.8 million) and this new post represents an exciting opportunity to develop and expand such provision. East Kent Hospitals Trust is fully committed to the development of this new service.
The appointee will have a leadership position within the medical school, delivering an appropriate taught module (musculoskeletal and immunology) in year 2 of the academic programme. Three PAs will be devoted to teaching delivery, student selection, assessment, and pastoral and academic support activities.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you must:
- Hold Full and specialist registration with a licence to practice with the General Medical Council (GMC), or be eligible for registration within 6 months of interview.
- Applicants that are UK trained must also be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview.
- Applicants that are non-UK trained, will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT.
- MRCP or equivalent
- FRCPath or equivalent
- Hold clinical experience in all aspects of allergy and immunology.
- Understand the wider health agenda and modern NHS.
- Have knowledge of clinical governance issues.
Salaries will follow the NHS pay scale and be from £82,096 up to £110,683, dependent on experience. There is a relocation policy for eligible candidates. This position is subject to a police check. Those requiring a Tier 2 visa will be considered as well as those interested in part time.
If you are interested to learn more get in touch with Allison on 0131 240 5287 or email email@example.com.
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay £500 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.**