**CLOSING DATE 19TH JANUARY 2019**
- Up to AU$425k + oncall.
- Sensational lifestyle opportunity for couples or families.
- Location has arguably one of finest private schools in Queensland.
- Well funded, well resourced, collaborative mental health service - the largest in Queensland outside of Brisbane.
I am now accepting formal applications for the position of Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist in the Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
You will deliver first class care within the following contexts:
- Acute Care Team (ACT) where after triage they facilitate the most appropriate type of care - inpatient, community or crisis interventions.
- A 30+ bed acute inpatient service.
- A Homeless Health Outreach Team which provides comprehensive assessment, care co-ordination and clinical intervention for homeless persons in the community.
- Community Care Teams which provide a range of assessment and treatment services within a multidisciplinary team context.
Townsville is a city with 200k people and sits on the beautiful Queensland Tropical Coast. Townsville has arguably one of the finest independent schools in Queensland and also hosts James Cook University with a very good reputation in science and medicine.
The city is perfect for singles, couples or families. Large enough to provide work opportunities for partners (medical or not) Townsville does not have traffic or pollution issues. It is laid back and has a marina and beachside area with many bars, cafes and restaurants. Townsville has more than enough to keep the kids active, outdoors and engaged: beaches, parks, hinterland, surf, sailing, swimming pools, cricket ovals, football pitches etc. and is very family orientated.
The hospital campus is a first class facility with a 36 bed acute mental health unit . Outside of Brisbane, THHS is the most comprehensive mental health service in Queensland and has a exceptional Medical Director with very strong ties to James Cook University. The group is collaborative with a supportive matrix of peer group support with excellent administrative/operational resources. It promotes a Recovery approach with the patient at the centre of its philisophy.
You will be a Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist with
- FRANZCP or equivalent in UK, Ireland, Canada or USA.
- If not FRANZCP, then a minimum of three years experience at Consultant/Specialist level.
- You will have completed your specialist training in a comparable country of training: UK, Ireland, NZ, Canada or USA.
- Have had a formal post of at least 6 months in CAMHS/Learning disability during your basic or higher training.
- Deep knowledge of contemporary psychiatric practises.
- First class communication skills.
- Ability to practise within a cross-cultural context.
For more information about Townsville, the service, position description, RANZCP assessment and medical registration process please email me on email@example.com