Head Medical are pleased to notify you about this interesting Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist position in Queensland, Australia. We have successfully recruited to this service in the past.
- Up to AU$425k +oncall per annum.
- Includes annual car allowance of up to AU$25k.
- 3.6 weeks professional development leave.
- AU$20k professional development allowance.
- Salary packaging (tax benefits).
- Location allowance.
- Tax free employer pension contributions.
Situated by the Queensland coastline, this region has a relaxed and laid back vibe about it. Because of its proximity to the famous Fraser Island and the sensational beaches north and south, it is a popular destination for tourists as well as those seeking a improvement in quality of life. The climate is subtropical with a winter low of 10-12 degrees in July.
There is a good choice of private schools in the region offering diverse and modern curriculums within single sex or co-ed contexts.
This public mental health service provides care to a catchment population of approx. 190k people. Inpatient care is delivered at two sites with community services delivered at 5 others. This is done via multi-disciplinary teams with a strong emphasis on collaborative care in family/carer inclusive contexts with a focus on relapse prevention. There are 5 other adult psychiatrists across the adult services with 5 registrar positions assisting all subspecialties expected to grow to 8.
- You will deliver first class clinical leadership in child and adolescent psychiatry whilst managing resources efficiently.
- Provide specialist consultation services for patients at all relevant facilities.
- Provide outreach services.
- In this multidisciplinary context coordinate patient care with an emphasis on community rehabilitation.
- If not a - or close to - FRANZCP then you ideally will have completed your specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in either UK, Ireland, NZ, Canada, South Africa or USA.
- You must have a minimum of three years work experience at Consultant level.
- Extensive experience within a multidisciplinary team environment and have a collaborative and collegiate style of working.
- Experience in clinical governance including audits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring clinical leadership is delivered safely and on time whilst guaranteeing the best possible patient management.
- Conduct regular clinics.
- The daily management of patients including supervision of admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Taking the lead and/or participating in clinical governance including data collection and audits.
- Assist in data collection and audits relating to the service.
- Service development.
- Supervise, mentor and support doctors in training and other staff.
For more information about this exciting location and position please call Alasdair Spinner on +44 131 240 5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org