Experience the famously high quality of life and a fresh professional challenge...
Just think how lovely it would be to miss winter this year and have a change in scenery.
Pack your sunglasses, head down to New Zealand, and while everyone else is sitting around the fireplace back home you'll be manning the BBQ enjoying the kiwi summertime.
Why New Zealand?
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Magnificent scenery and wildlife – see marine life and native birds in their natural habitat
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy an excellent work life balance:
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Remuneration packages (circa NZ$180,000–280,000 p.a. depending on your experience) plus relocation assistance
- Dedicated non-clinical time, a continuing medical education allowance plus 10 days CME leave per year
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in medical education and teaching the next generation
We also recruit to GP roles, assisting Consultant & GP couples find great jobs together.
What about the paperwork?
We support and guide you through the recruitment process. Consultants with UK and Irish qualifications and/or experience are deemed directly comparable by the Medical Council of New Zealand, and depending on your personal circumstances there are a 4 pathways to help you get there:
- 3 fast-track pathways (circa 3 months processing time) meaning you could be there from January 2017, or
- The provisional vocational (specialist) recognition pathway (circa 4–6 months processing time)
Our registered and licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisors will also provide you with immigration advice and arrange any necessary visas/medical registrations for you.
Contact our New Zealand team by phone or email to have a confidential discussion about your options.
Medicine (all subspecialties), Emergency Medicine and Radiology
+44 (0)131 240 5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychiatry, Surgery (all specialties), Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
Pathology, Ophthalmology, Anaesthetics, and ICU
+44 (0)131 240 5265 or email@example.com
We will also be attending the BMJ Careers Fair in London (21–22 October 2016) and the World Extreme Medicine Conference in Edinburgh (18–21 November 2016).
Hope to see you there!
Read our guides on living and working in New Zealand, check out some testimonials from Doctors we've previously helped, or meet the team who are here to help you find your dream job overseas.