Consultant Psychiatrists from all subspecialties can contribute significantly to the development of New Zealand’s mental health and addiction services. Our recruiters specialising in Consultant recruitment to New Zealand, Sharon and Caroline, look at the work benefits you would receive and reasons why New Zealand needs you.
You can search our available jobs or download our Doctors Guides for more detailed information on living and working in the regions we recruit to.
Mental Health in NZ - ‘Rising to the Challenge: 2012 - 2017’
In December 2012, the New Zealand Government announced a 5-year service development plan for mental health and addiction services. The aim is to ensure that New Zealanders have better access to quality mental health and addiction services. Health service providers will work alongside individuals, families and communities so that people with mental health or addiction issues are able to get the help they need sooner and recover faster when they are unwell. Workforce development is a key priority in this plan.
We regularly have vacancies arising across the following subspecialties:
- General Adult Psychiatry – Inpatient and Community
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Old Age Psychiatry
- Substance Misuse Psychiatry
- Maori Mental Health
There are also the options of:
- Permanent positions in both North and South Island locations
- Fixed term opportunities if you’re thinking about a sabbatical or a pre-retirement role (6-12 months min)
Consultant Psychiatrists are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance:
- You will gain experience in a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience) + relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching the next generation of psychiatrists
- Fast track registration and work visa process for those who want to be there before Christmas/New Year
With easy access to the stunning outdoors, and a strong economy, it’s easy to see why so many Consultants and GPs are making the move to New Zealand.
If you would like further information on Consultant opportunities in New Zealand, contact:
Sharon Dodds on +44 (0)131 240 5266 or email email@example.com.
Caroline O’Hagan on +44 (0)131 240 5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.