Why New Zealand? Its family friendly, well connected, and one of the easiest registration pathways opening it up for career breaks and pre-retirement posts. Our recruiters specialising in Consultant recruitment to New Zealand, Sharon and Caroline, look at why Doctors are making the move.
You can search our available jobs or download our Doctors Guides for more detailed information on living and working in the regions we recruit to.
Just think how lovely it would be to miss winter this year and have a change in scenery. Pack your sunglasses and head down to New Zealand and while everyone else is sitting around the fireplace back here in the northern hemisphere, you’ll be manning the BBQ enjoying the kiwi summertime. We offer rewarding career opportunities and locations that will appeal to all the family.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock-star economy”. And it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, the report describing the country as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what New Zealand has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions - opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- Bring your pets too!
Getting there - additional benefits:
We support and guide you through the recruitment process so it feels smooth and easy as you progress towards your arrival:
The Medical Registration process is ideal for those who hold both MRCPsych and CCT. The Medical Council of New Zealand recognises these qualifications as directly comparable and depending on your personal circumstances and how long you wish to go for, there are a 4 different pathways to help you get there:
- Three fast track pathways (circa 8-10 weeks processing time) meaning you could be there before Christmas/New Year, or
- The provisional vocational (specialist) recognition pathway (circa 4-6 months processing time)
*Interesting Fact: If you hold both MRCPsych and CCT - and you opt for the provisional vocational route - you are not required to attend an interview and this significantly reduces your costs for registration. Costs for this pathway are also reimbursed by your NZ employer on commencement.
Our registered and licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisors will also provide you with free immigration advice and arrange the necessary work visas or permanent residency for you and any dependent family members.
The New Zealand Government are currently developing their mental health and addictions service, so if you’re a Consultant Psychiatrist from any subspecialty you can significantly contribute to the New Zealand health service.
If you would like further information on Consultant opportunities in New Zealand, contact:
Sharon Dodds on +44 (0)131 240 5266 or email email@example.com.
Caroline O’Hagan on +44 (0)131 240 5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.