We are delighted to now be able to offer Theatre nursing positions just 1.5 hours away from Syndey in Sunny Australia.
As a Registered Nurse your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver evidence based nursing care
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure patient and staff safety
- Supervise, direct and guide nursing team members; Enrolled Nurses (ENs) to deliver patient care
- Deliver education and support to individuals/patients for the management of their health recovery, rehabilitation or end of life needs
- Proactively assess the operative nursing care provided to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for the individual / patient
- Document into the patient's medical record objectively, clearly, concisely and timely using accepted abbreviations and terminology
- At least 1 year+ experience as RN Anaesthetics / Recovery or have completed a graduate year in an acute hospital with rotation through Theatre.
- Can manage difficult incubation, use of fibre optic equipment experience, have experience in regional blocks
- Current Registration with AHPRA or be eligible and have WWCC
- UK and Ireland trained nurses with nursing degree
- Commitment to Quality Patient Care
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Sound clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Works well independently and within a team
- Basic computer skills
If you are successful, you will receive a salary based on your years of relevant nursing experience.
Wollongong lies 50 miles south of Sydney and has an approximate population of 300,000.
Beautiful beaches with a dramatic backdrop of green and sandstone of the Illawarra Escarpment.
Third largest city in NSW, has a multi-cultural history and is a University town, adding to its international feel and cosmopolitan outlook, with people from over 100 countries having made their home there.
The variety of restaurants, theatres, cinemas, pubs and clubs make for an active nightlife while the art galleries, museums, botanic gardens, beaches and activities offer plenty to do during the day.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.