Working as a Consultant in Geriatric Medicine within the HSE you'll provide high-quality care to patients in the Geriatric Medicine department. Where possible the post holder will participate with academic and clinical colleagues to enhance the hospital's research activities within the research governance framework.
The post holder will be required to provide high-quality teaching as and when requested by the Head of Service. The post holder, along with nursing and managerial colleagues, will be required to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set by the Directorate.
Appointees will be required to actively engage in continuing professional education and development in accordance with organisational/professional requirements.
This role is not a substantive post but will be a relatively long-term contract of 1-2 years with a view of extending it further.
About the Trust
Public University Teaching Hospital in North Dublin, Ireland. It was founded in 1955 as an asylum for tuberculosis patients. It is run by the Irish Health Service Executive and the Catchment area population has grown dramatically over the past 15 years and currently stands at approximately 350,000. Most of this is urban-based but there is a significant rural sector, all dependent on this Hospital for their acute Hospital need.
As of May 2007, the hospital provides 242 in-patient beds and 29-day bed service.
The hospital provides clinical teaching as part of the graduate entry program to medicine for the Royal College of Surgeons.
What's on offer for you?
- Salary scale between € 214,113- € 257,193 in accordance with the HSE 2023 Consultant contract
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer
- 30 days annual leave
- 10 public holidays
- Continuous Medical Education leave
- Hours: 37 hours per week, plus on-call
- Registration as a specialist in the Specialist Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialties of Geriatric Medicine and General (Internal) medicine or be eligible to obtain specialist registration within the next 3-6 months.
- Training and wide experience knowledge within Geriatrics, Acute, ED, or Care of the Elderly.
Additional benefits include:
- Continuous professional development
- Generous welcome bonus for key roles
- Flexible scheduling to support work-life balance
- Supportive and collaborative work environments
- Access to cutting-edge medical technologies and techniques
- Commitment to quality patient care and outcomes
Why consider a Medical Consultant position in Ireland?
- Excellent Healthcare System: Ireland boasts a robust healthcare system with state-of-the-art facilities and a commitment to patient care.
- Work-Life Balance: Ireland offers an exceptional work-life balance, allowing you to enjoy your career and personal life to the fullest.
- Competitive Compensation: This hospital group offers competitive salary packages and benefits, ensuring your financial well-being.
- Diverse Patient Population: Working in Ireland will provide you with the opportunity to treat a diverse patient population, enhancing your clinical skills.
- Professional Development: Ireland's healthcare institutions prioritize professional development and offer opportunities for ongoing training and education.
- Rich Culture: Experience the warmth of Irish culture, explore breathtaking landscapes, and enjoy a vibrant social scene outside of work.
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would love to hear from you.