A great opportunity has arisen for a Consultant in Haematology to join a small but punchy hospital group in a beautiful region of South West Scotland.
You'll be working alongside a brilliant team of 3 substantive consultants Haematologists (this post being one of them), two Clinical Nurse Specialists and one SAS doctor with a close working relationship with four Oncology Pharmacists, one MDT coordinator and four Secretaries.
The main aspects of the role will include:
- Management of inpatients/outpatients with Haematological disorders
- Clinical input into the Haematology laboratory and Blood Bank
- Liaising with Haematologists in the West of Scotland
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 91,474- £ 121,548
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Reasonable house prices, schools are rated highly and you are within 2 hours of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lake District and Newcastle.
- Regular educational and research meetings are held locally, and the department participates in national education events via video conferencing.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- This District hospital and Mental Health hospital based in South West Scotland with a population of around 150,000 residents is purpose-built to suit the needs of the staff and patients and is one of the only NHS hospitals in the UK to have all single en-suite rooms which has seen an increase in recovery time!
- The education centre is one of the centres to be fully refurbished recently and includes a clinical skills and observation /control room.
- One of the key achievements and something they do well in this group is the introduction of new models of workforce to make a sustainable future for the community.
- Recently they have introduced the new SCOTGEM rural medicine programme which has attracted a new talent of medical students to the area, as well as introducing a Clinical Development Fellows programme where they have added an additional 20+ staff giving additional support at lower to middle grades.
- A trust which supports, listens, and develops its staff helping create a positive and constructive organisational culture across the board.
- CCT/CCST in Haematology or, if a Specialist Registrar, be within 6 months of achieving this
- FRCPath or equivalent
- Full registration with GMC
- Experience in Blood Transfusion
- Wide general experience in all aspects of Haematology, both malignant and non-malignant including blood transfusion.
- Additional experience or proven interest in the speciality.
- Experience in person-centred quality initiatives
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would love to hear from you.