- Fantastic lifestyle in a beautiful historic city - Australia's oldest inland city.
- Regular short flights to Sydney (50 mins, 3 times a day) or a 2.5 hour drive.
- Salary package up to AUD$355,000 plus superannuation (dependent upon experience)
- Excellent choice of some of the best schools in Australia - public, private and university.
- Large, varied and affordable housing - buy a few acres of land and graze cattle or grow some olives, vines or fruit trees….
- Home to one of Australia's premier motor racing circuits.
- Lovely climate with warm summers and mild winters.
- You will be part of a cohesive Anaesthetics team, providing excellent clinical care to patients as well as contributing to the development of Anaesthetic Services and mentoring of junior medical officers and registrars.
- You will be able to flourish in a department where your generalist skills will be maintained due to the variety of specialties available.
- You will be actively encouraged to develop your area of interest.
- Oncall has been agreed at 57 days per year.
- You will be oncall with a junior anaesthetist and though their experience may be limited, call backs are not frequent.
- The working week consists of four days, each being 10 hours. Three days a week will be allocated as clinical duties with one day per week of nonclinical time to support professional activities.
Bathurst Hospital serves a population of over 42,000 people and the specialist clinics operate five days a week with specialist services in renal, gynaecology, gerontology, rehabilitation and general surgery fully utilised.
It is currently undergoing accreditation as a training facility for emergency medicine, while the obstetricians and gynaecologists have been working with the general manager to upgrade the maternity unit to level 4 and the special care nursery to Level 3. They now meet Ministry of Health standards for this upgrade which means premature babies can be treated locally rather than undergo the long trip to Sydney. Additionally, with the appointment of an intensive care specialist the intensive care unit is being upgraded to be a fully accredited level 4 service.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College for Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Set in a wonderful natural environment with warm summers, clear, crisp winters, occasional snowfalls and lovely spring and autumn colours, Bathurst is one of the region's most beautiful cities, offering a diversity of attractions, activities and facilities.
As a demographically young city with the median age being 36, Bathurst is supported by a strong educational sector. There are over 55 institutions from the headquarters of Charles Sturt University, to 6 high schools and pre-school and family Day Care Schemes.
Historic sites and architecture, cultural facilities, the famous Mount Panorama motor racing circuit and the growing wine industry all contribute to making the city an appealing destination.
For more information about this position, great hospital and the amazing lifestyle on offer, please call Karen Prosser on +44 (0)7341 787049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org