Head Medical are now accepting applications for a Specialty Doctor in Ophthalmology based in North Yorkshire.
You will join 18 consultants who specialise in medical retina, cornea, glaucoma, oculoplastic, paediatrics, ocular motility, vitreoretinal surgery, medical ophthalmology and primary care.
Essential clinical skills required include:
- Minimum of 6 months UK experience at Middle grade or Fellowship level.
- Slit lamp examination skills with various lenses.
- Indirect Ophthalmology (unsupervised).
- YAG laser treatment (at least pan retinal treatments).
- Independent Intra-vitreal injections experience, assessment for intra-vitreal injections.
- Casualty clinical experience with Consultant on second call.
- Running independent follow up clinics. Diabetes, retina and glaucoma clinical experience.
This post is being offered on a full-time 10 PA substantive basis however if you were looking for a shorter-term contract or part time this can be discussed. On call is only during working hours with no evening or weekend out of hours on call.
The hospital is located within easy access to outstanding countryside including the Yorkshire Dales, Moors and the coast. London is only 2 hours away and Leeds 20 mins away by train. The area boasts affordable housing as well as excellent schools, with many being rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
To be considered for this post you must hold registration with the General Medical Council. Salary will follow NHS scales and will be dependent on experience. This job is subject to a police check. Applications from those requiring Tier 2 visas will be considered.
To learn more, get in touch with Allison on 0131 240 5287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay £500 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.**