We are delighted to be able to offer an exciting 2 - 3 year fixed term contract for a Senior Paramedic working for a Government Hospital on the tropical island of St Helena, which is a British overseas territory located in the South Atlantic Ocean.
Our client is looking for a UK based HCPC Registered Paramedic and is offering the following package;
- Salary of £35,000 pro rata;
- Accommodation/utilities allowance;
- Return economy class flights from the UK to St Helena;
- Excess baggage allowance;
- Pension contribution;
To be eligible to apply for this role you must;
- Have a BSc (Hons) Degree in Paramedic Science or equivalent;
- Have current HCPC registration;
- Have current Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification (or willing to undertake);
- Be an experienced paramedic with at least 4 years’ experience and preferably team leader or senior paramedic experience;
- Recent accident and emergency experience;
Implementing and providing paramedic services, both within the emergency department in the Hospital setting and in the community as a Paramedic, ensuring a high standard of care and that the needs of patients are met.
St. Helena lies in the path of cool South Atlantic trade winds, with warm summers and only slightly cooler winters.
More than 1,000 miles from land and with just one main town, St Helena has zero light pollution, resulting in exceptional night skies — an uninterrupted dome of bright stars that stretch to the far-off horizon.
Home to about 4,500 people it is 47 square miles in size and is a sub-tropical paradise. It is also one of the most spectacular places in terms of contrasting environments. It is uniquely rich diversity of heritage-based attractions, both built and natural. St Helena offers many amazing things to see and do.