We are recruiting for a Band 6 Senior Neonatal Staff Nurse position in Guernsey.
We offer integrated health and social care to the people of Alderney and Guernsey. Our Neonatal Unit has 3 cots and is based on one hospital site and in addition to attending deliveries and assisting the medical team our staff undertake air transfers.
We are seeking Neonatal Nurses with a drive to consistently improve standards of nursing and develop their skills to pursue a career in our Neonatal Unit. To support our commitment to revalidation we provide a comprehensive training programme for our staff which includes yearly off-island placements to maintain skills as well as the payment for the cost of NMC subscriptions.
Full job description available. Ideal candidates must have the following:
1. Registered Children’s Nurse or RN Child/RGN
2. Diploma/Degree in the related field
3. EMB 405 or equivalent
4. NLS provider
5. A minimum of 2 years of neonatal nursing experience
6. Leadership and/or management training.
7. Assessing and mentoring qualification
8. Evidence of child protection training
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses-paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
* All bonus payments will be paid on a pro-rata basis should the position be offered on a part-time basis or if the Appointment begins or ends partway through a holiday year.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
** Please see Relocation Directive 2018 for full terms and conditions
Appointment to this role will be subject to the following pre-employment checks which will be completed following an offer of employment:
- Satisfactory references which must include one from the candidate's current line manager
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Satisfactory, Enhanced, Disclosure and Barring Service Check with Barred Listing Check. Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include crimes involving, but not limited to, theft violence, dishonesty, fraud, vulnerable individuals and children
- Confirmation of required qualifications / registrations
- Possession of a valid Right to Work document
Please note: Should the successful applicant not meet the requirements sufficiently he/she may be appointed at a lower grade than stated. The successful applicant would then have the opportunity to progress to the grade advertised once the necessary skills and knowledge have been developed and the postholder has demonstrated the ability to undertake the duties at the higher level.