Head Medical are currently looking to appoint a Senior Medical Practitioner with an Acute or General Medicine background to work on an initial 12-month Fixed Term Contract based within Royal Stoke University Hospital.
Royal Stoke University Hospital is a teaching and research hospital serving the English county of Staffordshire servicing a population of around 700,000. It provides specialist services to patients from beyond the region: specialising in heart (cardiac and cardiothoracic) surgery, brain surgery (neurosurgery), cancer services, renal and dialysis as well as specialist services and care for children. The Trust is also the major centre for treating trauma and emergency patients.
It lies in the city of Stoke-on-Trent, near the border with Newcastle-under-Lyme, and is one of the largest hospitals in the country. The facilities were rebuilt and became fully operational in 2015, following a £370 million construction project.
This is an exciting post as the hospital will provide support to those who wish to go through the CESR route for specialist registration with the GMC.
In order to be considered for the position you must meet the below criteria:
- Hold general registration with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Be either in the process of making a CESR application or willing to work towards this during the contract, with support from the hospital.
- Hold old at least two years’ experience working as a Consultant independently.
- Hold Membership with the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP).
- A background in General Internal Medicine or Acute Internal Medicine background.
Salary will be from £57,805 up to £,94,988 and be dependent on experience. This job will also be subject to a police check. If interested contact Allison on 0131 240 5287 to discuss further or email Allison@headmedical.com.
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay £500 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.**