Head Medical are assisting with the recruitment of Registered Nurses that specialise in Maternity to the Beautiful Island of Bermuda. This is a full-time permanent post, and you will be working in a general hospital serving a population of approximately 65,000 people.
Picture yourself scuba-diving and sun-bathing in beautiful Bermuda where the average temperature is 28 degrees. You could be enjoying an outdoor lifestyle with just a short commute into work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gives direct patient care (neonates)
- Assesses client/patient and family needs, formulates care plan in accordance with established nursing diagnoses, executes interventions, and evaluates outcomes
- Consults with all members of the multidisciplinary team about patients' status and progress. Ensures that the Clinical Manager / Nurse in Charge are kept abreast of changes and problems related to assigned patients
- Functions as a team leader when required. Utilizes clinical, hospitals and community resources. Participates in unit Quality Improvement activities and when required, approved research projects
- Functions as a preceptor/monitor and role model for new junior staff, as well as peer
- Uses equipment and supplies in a safe and economical manner
- Participates in committees, attends staff meetings, in-services and educational programs
- Takes active responsibility for professional growth and development
- Performs added nursing and delegated medical acts as required
Qualifications &/Registration required:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor's Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
- Current registration with the Bermuda Nursing Council, as required
- Minimum of two years post grad experience as a Neonatal Nurse
- Current certifications: CPR, I.V. Neonatal Resuscitation Programme (NRP).
- Experience in Physical assessment essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies
Package on offer includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Up to $3000 relocation budget
- Attractive benefits package
- Assistance with visa registration
If you would like to discuss this role or other opportunities that may be of interest, please get in touch to have a confidential chat.