- Full time (40 hours), permanent position located in Auckland
- Monday to Friday, fully rostered shifts
- Excellent opportunity if you are looking for a work life balance and relocation is provided
- Roster contains an on-call component
MHSOP is a community-based service. We provide specialist assessment and treatment for adults aged 65 years and over who are experiencing mental illness and/or cognitive change. Our multidisciplinary team works collaboratively to optimise the function and wellness of older adults with the aim of supporting them to continue to live as independently and meaningfully as possible.
MHSOP community team provides a range of assessment and recovery focused treatment options for older adults experiencing serious mental health issues and psychiatric complications of neurodegenerative disorders. We also provide a range of high-quality therapeutic interventions with a strong multi-disciplinary focus.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled, proactive Consultant Psychiatrist, with a special interest in older people’s mental health. You will join an established supportive team of psychiatrists, nurses, allied health and clerical staff.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent assessment and management skills and be recovery focused with an ability to work collaboratively with our service users and their families/whānau.
In addition to the above, to be successful in this role, you will also need:
- To be vocationally registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand with a current Practising Certificate or be eligible for registration (Please note, if you are an overseas specialist, you will be required to provide source verification of your qualifications for your registration application. For more information about the registration process and source verification of qualifications.
- Full and clean driver’s license as this is a community-based role
- A commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori
This role includes the requirement to participate in the Liaison Psychiatry and MHSOP Consultant Psychiatrist on-call roster.
We are Te Whatu Ora Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are located in central Auckland.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application.
Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.