Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced Psychiatrist to join the Community Assessment Team and consultation-liaison service.
- Permanent full-time 1.0FTE (80 hours a fortnight)
- On-call allowance
- Nelson, New Zealand
About this position
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality acute care to outpatients based in Nelson Community.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including: Registrars, mental health nurses, and social workers.
- Be responsible for leadership and further development of the Community Assessment Team as well as developing a consultation-liaison service in keeping with evidence based and best practice models.
- Liaise with whānau and others involved in patients’ care, as well as make referrals to community services.
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring your psychiatric expertise to improve mental health for adult population in the region.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Have experience including providing assessment, diagnosis, and treatment interventions to individuals suffering from mental health and addictive disorders.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
The benefits of this position
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/, https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/,
About our team
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough supports the health needs of people in Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough. Many of our Mental Health and Addictions support services are available district-wide, which means they can be accessed by people in all three regions.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.