A great opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual within the specialty of Dermatology to forge the future of the service at this trust and join the large existing team of nine consultants and two associate specialists.
As a Consultant in Dermatology, you'll:
- Provide a Consultant dermatology service for inpatient and outpatient services and for the proper functioning of the department.
- Likely to consist of 5-6 outpatient clinics a week (which may be a mix of general clinics, surgical lists, telephone/ teledermatology clinics and special interest clinics and can be adapted as appropriate on discussion).
- Travel time to peripheral hospitals would be allowed within this if required.
- The department offers a busy teledermatology-style advice and guidance service and participation in this will be discussed.
- In addition, there is a once-a-month joint difficult cases clinic and weekly skin cancer multidisciplinary meetings.
- Successful candidates would be encouraged to develop a special interest that would support the department.
- There is an expectation that the post will include participation in the daytime on-call cover which is supported by two specialty trainees
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £93,666, £ 126,281
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- Rated 'good' by a recent CQC inspection
- High-performing NHS trust within the Yorkshire area you'll join this trust at a fantastic time, your ideas and ways of working can help this organisation achieve its future objectives and goals.
- Provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area. These include accident and emergency services, outpatient clinics, inpatient services, and maternity and children’s services.
- Provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in local area
- Current GMC full registration & licence to practise, MRCP & entry on GMC specialist register for Dermatology or within 6 months of CCT date or expected CESR approval.
- Minimum 6 months UK experience.
- The post will include participation in the daytime on-call rota. There are no out of hours on-call or weekend cover (however Bank Holiday day time cover is provided).
- Working 10 PAs (up to a maximum of 2 additional PAs for full time posts may be available)
- Experience of supervising SpRs/specialist trainees.
- Experience of working in or setting up a clinical decision unit service
- Experience in running and delivering clinical trials
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a detailed job spec. We would love to hear from you