We are looking for an experienced Pathologists, who may be available to relocate to work full time or a locum basis on the beautiful Island of Bermuda! The hospital is offering a fantastic package to the successful candidate. Bermuda boasts some of the world's best beaches and the hospital offers a great work/life balance so you can also enjoy all that Bermuda has to offer!
- Reports Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology specimens and autopsies in both hospital and coroners cases
- Performs gross and microscopic examinations of pathological specimens
- Responsible for provision of day to day advice and directions for Anatomic Pathology Staff
- Provides with others a comprehensive Anatomical Pathology service and Autopsy service in accordance with existing standard policies and operating procedures
- Assists with the writing and maintenance of appropriate departmental policies and procedures and ensures continued compliance with Joint Commission International Accreditation requirements
- Assists with quality improvement practices, and outcome measurements. Monitor such activities through regular audits and reviews
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience
- Professional qualification and Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology or Histopathology or equivalent
- Current registration with Medical Council in relevant jurisdiction or
- Must be eligible to register with the Bermuda Medical Council and eligible for hospital privileges
What's on offer?
- Relocation support, including flights and accommodation
- Generous salary package
- Very low tax rate of between 4% and 8.75%
- Work permit costs
- Professional medical indemnity insurance
- Start date can be negotiable
A British Overseas Territory bathed in sunshine, beautiful turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and a top diving site. With British, North American, African, Portuguese and West Indian influences adding to the unique cultural melange.
A really safe, friendly island where you will be welcomed into the community. Fantastic for an outdoor lifestyle such as boating, fishing, golfing, biking or just kicking back enjoying the wonderful climate, food and relaxed vibe.
There are numerous good schools, public and private, excellent transport links to the UK, USA and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.