Experience life, as a doctor, in the world's second largest economy! As wealthier Chinese, and the ever expanding ex-pat population seek improved healthcare services, our client is growing significantly over the next few years to meet this demand. You will be joining an established private hospital in a healthcare company, that was established 20 years ago. If you are seeking a new challenge and would like the opportunity to fast-track your career in an emerging market, please do get in touch. We currently have opportunities available in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou and a sub-specialty interest in sports medicine is desirable.
What's on offer?
- JCI accredited hospital
- Excellent work/life balance
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- All support team in the hospital from junior doctors to reception staff speak English
- Continuous support with professional development
- Salaries are generous and offer a host of employee benefits
- A salary range of 230,000 - 425,000 USD per annum is achievable
- Lower cost of living than Europe/UK - 50-70% lower than London!
- Tax incentives for foreign workers, including on school fees and housing
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation services including flights, accommodation in China on arrival, employment pass etc
Often referred to as the ‘New York’ of Asia, Shangai is the world’s largest city and has an ever growing population of around 24 Million residents. As China is opening up to the world, Shanghai is among the chief beneficiaries and in 2016 it was named the most attractive city for expats (for the fourth time in six years) by International Talent Magazine. Shanghai is home to over 170,000 expats as of 2015.
Beijing is currently the official capital of the Republic of China and the most populous of all the cities. Knows as the gateway too many exciting tourist attractions, including the great wall of China Beijing has embraced modernity however it has beautifully preserved not only its ancient buildings but also its long-standing culture and heritage. Living in Beijing, therefore, is a comprehensive opportunity to experience China’s past, present, and even future.
Guǎngzhōu is China’s busiest transport and trade hub and is the second largest city in the country, after Shanghai. It is the most populous city in Guangdong province (around 25 Million people) was once better known to Westerners as Canton and was previously a major terminus on the silk-road. Guangzhou is now ranked as a Beta+ Global city and is also known as the City of Flowers. It has a culturally diverse population that gives Gaungzhou a cosmopolitan feel.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.