Experience life as a doctor, in the world's largest city! As wealthier Chinese, and the ever expanding ex-pat population seek improved healthcare services, our client is growing significantly over the next few years to meet this demand. You will be joining one of the most famous private hospital groups in China, that was established over 20 years ago. If you are seeking a new challenge and would like the opportunity to fast-track your career in an emerging market, please do get in touch. You will be joining the staff in Shanghai with world-class facilitie and an international team.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Specialist.
- JCI accredited hospital
- Excellent work/life balance
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- All support team in the hospital from junior doctors to reception staff speak English
- Continuous support with professional development
- Salaries in the region of 100,000+ RMB per month depending on experience
- Physicians also receive commission / bonus on top of guaranteed salary
- Lower cost of living than Europe/UK
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation assistance including flights, accommodation in China on arrival, employment pass etc
Often referred to as the ‘New York’ of Asia, Shanghai is the world’s largest city and has an ever growing population of around 24 Million residents. As China is opening up to the world, Shanghai is among the chief beneficiaries and in 2016 it was named the most attractive city for expats (for the fourth time in six years) by International Talent Magazine. Shanghai is home to over 170,000 expats as of 2015.
Shanghai Boasts fantastic downtown nightlife and Night Lights and as the world's fastest growing city, Shanghai is no stranger to world-class clubbing and pubbing. On the other side of that, if you are relocating with your family, the first thing ex-pat parents will tell you is that Shanghai is an extremely safe environment. Chinese people love children and will go to great lengths to entertain and spoil your youngsters at any given opportunity (which can be a little overwhelming and strange at first). With inexpensive domestic help, you will also find yourself, instead of being loaded down with chores, you are able to spend more quality time with your children, taking them swimming, or to the park, or to one of Shanghai's amazing museums. Eating out is also notably more enjoyable with children in Shanghai as children are welcome everywhere – even in high end restaurants and many also have child-friendly facilities.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
- PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
- MUST ALSO HAVE AT LEAST 5-10 YEARS OF SPECIALIST / CONSULTANT EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.