Thanks to it`s thriving economy, residents in Singapore enjoy high-quality health care, education, personal safety, and housing standards and the country is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations for international ex-pats. It may be the world’s second most densely populated country, but the city-state is also famous for being clean, pleasant and family friendly. If you are a junior Consultant level Ophthalmologist, ideally either newly qualified or have up to 2 years experience as a Consultant, then please do get in touch.
What’s on offer?
- State of the art facilities - some of the best in the world!
- World class teaching hospital
- 3 year contract with option to renew
- English speaking work environment
- Competitive and attractive remuneration packages
- Host of employee benefits
- Eco-friendly facility
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- A very low tax rate of Approx. 15%
What is the role?
The role will be discussed in more detail directly with the hospital team over a video meeting.
What are we looking for?
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to quality outpatient and inpatient clinical services, including running specialist outpatient clinics, supervising inpatient care and providing specialist consultations;
- Providing teaching and supervision to junior medical staff;
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Division and Head of Department.
The hospital can only consider a specialist with one or more of the below qualifications:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland (Please note CESR is not recognised in Singapore)
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia or New Zealand
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.