Head Medical have opportunities suited to Ophthalmology Trainees who have completed ST1- ST3 Training seeking an out of programme experience in Singapore. You will be based in a new purpose-built integrated healthcare campus which includes a new acute care hospital and community hospital.
- World class teaching hospital with excellent career progression prospects
- Take a stroll along the Southern Ridges, or for the thrill seekers, hop aboard the slingshot in the Clarke Quay district!!
- Contracts available for 24 months or 36 months
- Very low tax rate of Approx. 12.5% - 15%
The hospital is 1,800 bedded purpose-built technology rich campus. The campus boasts a fully integrated acute and community hospital, specialist outpatient clinics and intermediate and long-term care facilities. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals. All major subspecialties including Cornea, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic and Retina are supported, and you will be under the supervision of Consultants with opportunities to develop interests in Education, Research and Health Administration. As a key member of the team, you will also provide supervision to junior doctors.
• Basic medical degree from a university / medical school listed in the Second Schedule of the Medical Registration Act
• Must be in active clinical practice and have at least 3 years experience post Foundation Training working in the relevant field
• Additional postgraduate qualifications are highly preferred
• Possess leadership qualities, as well as high interpersonal relationship and communication skills
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old-world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials, or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
Find out more about Singapore
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK’s specialist in international medical recruitment and we’ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location. Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.