We are seeking applications for a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist to work in one of the most beautiful regions of New Zealand in a vibrant coastal city.
As such, applicants are now sought from suitably qualified, or imminently due to be suitably qualified applicants.
1.0 FTE Permanent, full time position
- Aroha - The value of love, respect and empathy, demonstrating compassionate and non-judgemental relationships.
- Kōtahitanga - The value of unity and vision sharing where we demonstrate trust and collaboration.
- Manaakitanga - The value of respect, support and caring where we demonstrate doing our very best for others.
- Tino Rangatiratanga - The value of self-determination where we empower individual/whānau choice.
About the role
- You would be part of a team of four Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Consultants based at the Hospital which serves a population of 63,000.
- The birth rate is around 800 births per year with a caesarean rate of less than 20 percent.
- We offer a full range of gynaecology services to the community, including colposcopy.
- The consultant team provides 24 hour on-call cover, the cover being equally shared between all Consultants (part-time or fulltime).
- Participation in the on-call roster is a requirement of the role.
- Applicants should have or be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Working at the Facility
- Working within a team of experienced and dedicated Consultants
- The Hospital is located on the West coast of New Zealand's North Island with a wide range of services including emergency medicine, general medicine, general surgery, orthopaedics, O&G, ENT, ophthalmology, dentistry and psychiatry.
- We provide a six-bed critical care unit with tertiary support from Wellington Hospital.
- Tertiary services such as cardio-thoracics, neurosurgery, paediatric surgery and cardiology are provided for our patients in Wellington.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach a copy of your up to date CV so we can assess the level of assistance we can provide.