Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist - Nelson
Our client seeks a senior Obstetrician-Gynaecologist to join the Women, Child, & Youth Department
- Permanent position 0.7FTE – 0.8FTE (56-64 hours a fortnight)
- Be part of a dynamic team
- On call allowance
- Nelson hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
About this position
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health and well-being of the female population in Nelson Marlborough region.
- Participate in the O&G 1:5 on-call roster
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including four O&G Specialists in Nelson, four at Wairau Hospital in Blenheim, one RANZCOG Advanced O&G Trainee, two House Surgeons, one Trainee Intern (through University of Otago, Christchurch), and midwives.
- Teach and develop our junior O&G team.
- Have an opportunity to engage with different primary birthing units in the region.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand’s most sought after regions.
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their Obstetrics and Gynaecology expertise and competencies to contribute to the advanced treatment and medical care of the female patients in the region.
- Have experience in advanced laparoscopic surgery, urogynaecological surgery, and management experience.
- Hold or be eligible for C-QuiP certification for colposcopy.
- Hold FRANZCOG or equivalent post graduate qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Obstetrics and Gynaecology with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
The benefits of this position
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, award-winning wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/, https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
About our team
Our facilities are the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV so we can view your experience in detail and assess the level of assistance we can provide.