- Join New Zealand’s largest academic tertiary hospital
- Enjoy our relaxed lifestyle with close proximity to the beautiful Auckland Domain
Te Whatu Ora/Health New Zealand is now up and running and here at Auckland we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
National Women’s Health (NWH) at Auckland supports 6,500 births annually and provides national and regional services, as well as primary, secondary and tertiary maternity and gynaecological services to women. We have established subspecialty services in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility.
Obstetric Medicine (Maternal Medicine) is an exciting and challenging subspecialty of internal medicine which integrates care by obstetric physicians (specialists in internal medicine) with that of the multidisciplinary team consisting obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists, midwives and allied health workers, to provide care for women with medical problems in pregnancy or women who develop medical complications during pregnancy.
Obstetric Medicine is well-established at NWH and provides the following:
- specialist evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for women with a wide range of medical disorders including diabetes, congenital and acquired cardiac, haematological, respiratory, renal, hepatobiliary, oncological and neurological conditions as well as obstetric-related conditions such as preeclampsia, HELLP syndrome, and cholestasis of pregnancy.
- The only formal full time, accredited training positions for Obstetric Medicine in New Zealand (with certification issued by the Society of Obstetric Medicine of Australia and New Zealand, SOMANZ).
In this role, you will provide acute clinical assessment of inpatient care and be involved in teaching sessions with obstetric medicine registrars.
Why you will enjoy working here
We offer you the following:
- Opportunity to apply your specialist-level skills in Obstetric Medicine, including Diabetes in Pregnancy and achieve expertise in the field of Obstetric Medicine towards the SOMANZ Obstetric Medicine Certificate (if not yet acquired).
- The scope to provide both inpatient and outpatient care for women under consultation by the NWH Obstetric Medicine team.
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in all aspects of investigative and therapeutic Obstetric medicine
- The appropriate specialist qualification for this role
- Eligibility for specialist registration in New Zealand
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.