Substantive Consultant/Specialist OBGYN public hospital opportunity located in one of the most sensational and beautiful parts of coastal Queensland.
Join a multi-national team of experienced consultants/staff specialists, doctors and nurse practitioners providing women's health services to a catchment population of just over 200k.
- Lucrative public health salary, allowances, and comprehensive benefits up to AUD$450k PLUS oncall etc.
- 80 hour fortnight and flexible and family-friendly working arrangements.
- 3.6weeks professional development leave.
- AU$21k professional development allowance (paid with salary).
- Up to $25k car allowance (paid with salary).
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance.
- Research and teaching opportunities.
- Regional location, spectacular beaches, perfect for whale watching, beautiful clear waters - live the dream!
- Enjoy coastal lifestyle, sub-tropical climate.
- Amazing real-estate options: house/apartment by the beach or enjoy a large modern house slightly inland to enjoy sub-tropical lush vegetation and forest areas.
- Develop a hobby farm or tropical garden. Or simply enjoy large residential acreages with pool,tennis court etc.
- Private schooling available.
Hospital and facilities.
- The hospitals and health service provides services to a rapidly growing demographic.
- Area stretches from coastal areas to rural hinterland.
- 1 major referral centre.
Job Scope includes but isn’t not limited to:
- Provide first class clinical and non-clinical care to patients.
- Undertake ward rounds, outpatient clinics and operating services.
- Maximise your experience to educate and supervise specialist trainees and other medical staff.
- Ensuring safety and quality procedures are maintained, reviewed and developed.
- Taking an active role in development and implementation of organisational processes to improve the service, safety systems etc. and related training.
- Teach medical students from universities.
- Managing admin requirements.
- Have FRANZCOG or
- if an IMG you must have been assessed by RANZCOG as “substantially comparable”.
- Have advanced laparoscopic and vaginal reconstructive surgical skills including incontinence surgery,
- Be collaborative in your working style and have a friendly, personable approach to all internal stakeholders, including midwifes.
- Be open to minimal travel for outreach work.
Please email me or call me if you want more information about this exciting job, location and the Queensland Health contract for senior medical practitioners.