This is the largest hospital operated by Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand. We offer secondary-level (hospital and specialist) care and a selected range of community and domiciliary services for the population of the region - the Auckland area that stretches from Otahuhu to Port Waikato.
The children’s hospital and Community Health has an exciting opportunity for a fixed term Consultant Neonatologist to join our experienced and energetic Neonatal Care team.
Our current 46 cot Unit is soon to be expanded to 48 cots making it one of the largest Units in the country. The employer is a dynamic and progressive organisation working with New Zealand's most culturally diverse population with high health needs. The Neonatal Unit provides Intensive Care (Level 3) and Special Care (Level 2) services to our community with over 8,000 births per year and 1400 admissions to the neonatal service per annum.
The Neonatologist would be responsible for providing specialist clinical services in neonatology by supporting the acute and non-acute services in the District. The consultant will:
- Participate in the Intensive Care (level 3) roster, currently one week in seven.
- Participate in the Special Baby Care (level 2) and postnatal ward roster, currently one week in seven.
- Participate in the Neonatal Care call-back roster which is currently one in seven on weekdays and one in seven weekends (including level 3 and 2 ward rounds each weekend).
- Contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate training.
- Contribute to the supervision of Registrars/Fellows.
This position will have an acute services focus. However, there is an option for neonatal outpatient clinic work as well.
This is a full time fixed term position until January 2024.
The suitable candidate will be a Specialist Neonatologist and hold or be eligible for registration with the New Zealand Medical Council with a paediatric vocational scope of practice. Echocardiography experience and familiarity with research practice would be preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.