Are you a Consultant, with both acute medicine and geriatrics experience?
Western Australia has a lot to offer, including some of the best salaries in Australia for physicians, enviable work/life balance and gorgeous towns and cities to enjoy the great outdoors lifestyle!
* Stunningly beautiful coastal location
* Attractive remuneration package up to AUD$452,806k pa (subject to level of experience)
* Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and whale watching.
* Numerous schools in the area including state and private primary and secondary schools, colleges and university campuses.
* One hour flight to Perth.
- Develop a breadth and depth of skill working in a growing Regional Resource Centre
- Opportunity to deliver integrated care across General Medicine & Geriatrics
- Join a geriatric team that includes a Geriatrician, Advanced Trainee and JMO
- Co-lead one of the best performing inpatient subacute units in WA
- Participate in designing and growing a service to meet regional needs
- Collegial support from a great team of local Physicians
- Enjoy the beauty and excitement that Albany and the Great Southern offers
- Be part of a diverse and welcoming community
At AUD$170.4 million, Albany Health Campus’ opening in 2013 marked the completion of the largest public country hospital development ever undertaken in Western Australia.
It offers enhanced services in modern facilities with superior care for patients and a better working environment for staff. Inpatient wards feature a mix of double and single rooms, all air conditioned. Negative pressure isolation rooms enable better infection prevention for contagious diseases.
The Great Southern region, located south-east of Perth, covers an area of approximately 87,000 square kilometres and has a population of about 80,000 people. The regional centre is the historic port town of Albany, which has one of the best natural anchorages in the southern hemisphere.
Nestled between the beautiful Princess Royal Harbour and King George Sound, Albany is a port city of approximately 36,000 people and around an hour’s flight from Perth.
With breath-taking views from Mount Clarence and Mount Melville, annual whale migration and dolphin spotting there are many sensational experiences to share with the whole family. With amazing local wines and fresh produce, Albany offers many attractions all year round.
The town itself has some grand Victorian buildings with some great hotels, pubs and restaurants. The seafood, such as queen snapper and blue swimmer crabs, is as amazing as you'd expect. There are 5 award winning vineyards and the region is rich agriculturally with some of the best farmers markets in Australia. The beaches are one of the most beautiful things about Albany – and the sunsets.
Albany has 17 primary schools and 4 secondary schools. Tertiary education exists through the Albany regional centre of The University of Western Australia and Great Southern TAFEWA.
What are we looking for?
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.