We are seeking a Consultant Oncologist to be part of a great team in a stunning setting in North West Tasmania.
- Fantastic relaxed lifestyle.
- Generous remuneration package up to $530,000+ depending on experience.
- Access to salary packaging
- Fully self-contained accommodation for a period of up to 12 months with the first three months’ rent free.
- Relocation costs reimbursed up to $20,000 AUD on commencement
- Fly to Melbourne in under an hour.
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments.
- This is an opportunity to play a key role in developing health care at both patient/system level and to make a real difference!
The Role and Hospital
The Tasmanian Health Service seeks a Medical Oncologist to join the Northern Cancer Service. The Northern Cancer Service is an integrated cancer service across three sites providing medical oncology, radiation oncology and haematology services. It services a population of approximately 250,000 in Northern Tasmania.
The Staff Specialist Medical Oncologist is responsible for specialist diagnosis, treatment and care for public hospital outpatients in the subspecialty of medical oncology. The position will be based at the North West Cancer Centre in Burnie, it will also provide outreach outpatient services to the Mersey Community Hospital in Latrobe.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of (FRACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The North West is a region full of stunning white beaches, top class restaurants and vineyards. The area is close to pristine wilderness with wide open natural spaces, great for rambling and mountain biking.
Burnie is a port city with an industrial past that has reinvented itself as a vibrant and creative city on a beautiful stretch of Tasmania's North West Coast. Take a beachside and downtown stroll and find a vibrant mix of shops and eateries serving up fresh coffee, seafood and local produce. Burnie has an art deco flavour, with fine architectural examples that you can explore on foot.
Latrobe is a river town famous for its heritage and the fresh produce that grows in the region's rich and fertile soils. There are lots of eateries serving fresh produce, plus scenic farm gates and vineyards where you can sample food from the source.