We are looking for a registered Adult Nurse (RNA) who has surgical experience to work with patients from a wide range of specialities who receive care on the ward, these include ENT, ophthalmology, gynaecology, orthopaedic, paediatric as well as general surgery, HDU and Day Surgery. You will be providing care to surgical patients within Shetland serving the islands population but also acting as a front-line service for ‘North Sea’ personnel on marine vessels and off-shore installations as the nearest tertiary hospital is 200 miles away.
The scenic Shetland Islands are situated at the far north of Scotland in the North Atlantic between Great Britain, The Faroe Islands and Norway. Shetland stretches around a hundred miles from north to south and its nearest neighbour is Orkney 50 miles away. Due to the warm ocean current Shetland is much milder than other places on the same latitude.
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- 12 months+ post registration experience
- Previous surgical experience
- HDU experience desirable
- To start ASAP on an ongoing basis covering working on a mixture of shifts (nights, days, evening and weekends) for a minimum of 37.5 hours a week.
- Return travel (from within the UK) will be booked and paid for by the board
- Single board accommodation will be provided
If you are interested please get in contact ASAP with Victoria Beattie firstname.lastname@example.org