As a Consultant within Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, you'll work on a fixed contract for up to 2 years within a clinically led service that incorporates a range of disciplines across 4 acute hospital sites and covers numerous community, specialist and primary care facilities across a wide geography.
The successful candidate will join the current team of five consultants and will be part of a 1 in 7 on-call rota.
The successful candidate must be able to fully integrate into the current team and actively support to further enhance the department.
The post will include involvement in the training of SpRs (2), DCTs (5), LDFTs (4) and Speciality Dentists (5). This role is on a formal and informal basis, with the opportunity to act as an AES and/or Clinical Supervisor.
The department provides a full Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service (with the exception cleft lip and palate surgery and Craniofacial Surgery) to York and the whole of North Yorkshire (a population of around 800,000). Maxillofacial Surgeons currently work at York, Scarborough, Bridlington, Selby and Harrogate, with out-patient and day case surgery at the peripheral sites
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £93,666, £ 126,281
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- Rated 'good' by a recent CQC inspection
- High-performing NHS trust within the Yorkshire area you'll join this trust at a fantastic time, your ideas and ways of working can help this organisation achieve its future objectives and goals.
- Provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area. These include accident and emergency services, outpatient clinics, inpatient services, and maternity and children’s services.
- Provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in local area
- Current GMC & GDC full registration & licence to practise,
- MRCS and MFDS qualification
- Minimum of 6 months UK experience at Consultant level in the specialty.
- On-call 1:7 (5% on-call availability supplement)
- The department is happy to discuss CESR support requirements with interested candidates
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information and a detailed job spec. We would love to hear from you