A great opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual within the specialty of ENT to forge the future of the service at this trust and join the large existing team of nine consultants and two associate specialists.
As a Consultant in ENT - 24-month contract, (A Permanent substantive role also available but must be on GMC specialist register) you'll:
- Be responsible for the care of ENT patients under the care of the ENT team and to see patients referred by other departments in order to offer advice and, if necessary, treatment.
- This will be achieved by attending fixed outpatient clinics, operating theatre sessions and in case of emergency additional sessions may be needed, undertaking regular ward rounds as needed to monitor care of in-patients and sharing a 1:6 on-call commitment in a flexible manner, in order to optimise patient care.
- ENT department provides specialist Thyroid, Parathyroid, voice and balance services, working closely with SALT and physiotherapy.
- The Head and Neck Directorate consists of ENT, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Restorative Dentistry and Audiology and has its own dedicated Outpatient setting and OP reception team. There is a very supportive managerial team and good administrative and secretarial support.
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £93,666, £ 126,281
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- Rated 'good' by a recent CQC inspection
- High-performing NHS trust within the Yorkshire area you'll join this trust at a fantastic time, your ideas and ways of working can help this organisation achieve its future objectives and goals.
- Provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area. These include accident and emergency services, outpatient clinics, inpatient services, and maternity and children’s services.
- Provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in local area
- Current GMC full registration & license to practice, FRCS (ORL-HNS)
- Minimum of 6 months UK experience at Consultant level in the specialty.
- Participation on the ENT On-call Rota set currently 1:6
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information and a detailed job spec. We would love to hear from you