- Locum Consultant in Community Paediatrics, working with the Community Child Health Team based in Truro.
- Provides an integrated therapy service for children who have physical or sensory difficulties, developmental delay, under-nutrition or excessive weight gain. We have occupational therapists, physiotherapists and dietitians who deliver therapy in children’s homes, schools and from treatment bases across the Cornwall region.
- Post-holder will be part of the Community Child Health Team taking responsibility for complex children with neurodevelopmental delays within Cornwall. This includes commitment to the Safeguarding rota, and offering vulnerable children's clinics on a rotational basis.
- Community Paediatrics operates a daytime child protection rota. There is no commitment to the acute on-call rota.
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 93,666- £ 126, 286
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Reasonable house prices and schools that are rated highly.
- Market-leading annual leave allowance
- Generously funded study leave is available
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
- Employee assistance programme
About the Trust:
- The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of £380 million and 750 beds.
- Works with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met.
- Provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
- The ideal candidate should have strong experience in the Consultant field, with a background knowledge of Community Paediatrics in particular.
- Full GMC registration
- Experienced in Clinical Audit and Clinical Governance and the benefits of how this improves the quality of care provided to patients and ensuring this is embedded in clinical practice.
- Strong clinical and personal credibility with significant clinical experience/training in community paediatrics and Neurodisability
- Knowledge and experience of Children in Care
- Experience and recognized training in Safeguarding.
- Ideally, this specialist should have MRCPCH, FRCPCH
- An appropriate higher Paediatric qualification
- Specific experience or national accreditation in neurodisability
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would love to hear from you.